2011 was a landmark year in the corporate use of social networks, as business models swiftly changed in response to the growing influence of social media. Nearly all brands were re-considering their social outreach stance – whether businesses were forced to change in response to a crisis, or they recognised the strategic potential of building a two-way conversation with customers. Brands realised if they didn’t invest in their own social reputations, their competitors gladly would. Read more on Social media in 2012 will be about engagement over followers and ROI…
Posts Tagged: Yorkshire Tea
Follow The Wall on Twitter
Brand Republic Jobs
- Creative Director, MCG Associates, Dubai based
- Creative Team, MCG Associates, United Arab Emirates
- Senior Art Director , MCG Associates, Europe / United Arab Emirates / United Kingdom / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Gre...
- Executive Creative Director , MCG Associates, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Senior Account Manager , AF Selection, Manchester, Greater Manchester
2012 Presidential Race agency landscape Amazon Apple Apple iPad Apple iPhone Barack Obama BBC Blogging Blogging Coca Cola digital Facebook foursquare Google Google Plus infographic instagram key insights LinkedIn London 2012 Microsoft Mobile MySpace notable work online advertising Paywall Pinterest planning politics search SEO Social Media Social Networking social networks stats The Guardian The Huffington Post The New York Times The Times Tumblr Twitter viral and buzz marketing Yahoo YouTube
- BT to lose consumer marketing director David JamesBT consumer marketing director David James has left his role, with customer acquisition director Dan Ramsay taking over for the interim.
- Amnesty uses virtual reality headsets to bring war-torn Syria to the publicAmnesty International has used virtual reality headsets to bring home the horror of warfare in Syria, using the technology to boost donations.
- AOL's Graham Moysey on why we need to invest in people to evolveAt college I once read a quote from Aristotle that has stayed with me to this day - "The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching".
- Ben & Jerry's backs two social start-ups as part of ethical driveUnilever owned ice cream brand Ben & Jerry's has selected UK two social start-ups to invest in as part of its 'Join our Core' campaign.
- 'Charlie bit my finger again': Delta Airlines taps into meme culture with quirky safety videoDelta Airlines has scoured the best of the internet and showcased a host of famous figures in its latest on-board safety announcement.
- Pinterest misses opportunity to monetise the ‘discovery’ nature of its platform by denying ‘Buy Button’(Pinterest.com) According to a recent post on the Wall Street Journal, a survey of 1.5k Pinterest users earlier this year found that 52% of them used the site to ‘find items they want to buy’ and 30% confessed to having bought an item online that they had first seen on Pinterest, with 32% saying that […]
- Wristbands on tour(Barclaycard.com) It’s official, festival season is here and it’s time to start compiling your survival checklist, but will you need to take your wallet with you this year? Read more on Wristbands on tour…
- The Daily Poke: When logos come cleanCompanies can spend millions on carefully crafting their logos and slogans in the hope they will bring customers flocking. But when you combine the internet and a few basic photoshop skills, all bets are off, and you get the online craze of creating honest logos and slogans. Read more on The Daily Poke: When logos […]
- Five steps to digital transformation(Airbnb/YouTube) Digital transformation is everywhere. There is a huge shift in digital towards businesses that understand collaboration, connection and advocacy. Brands need to look at their future in the new connected world, to keep pace with digital disruptors and meet consumer needs. There are a number of steps that brands can take. Read more on […]
- Twitter’s flock to unlock: The power to drive consumer engagementWhen people think of visiting the Netherlands, many automatically think of Amsterdam but the country has much more to offer. As such, The Netherlands Board of Tourism and Conventions (NBTC) wanted to create a special campaign that would leverage the occasion to mark the 125th anniversary of famed Dutch painter Vincent Van Gogh’s death and […]
- The Daily Poke: Not such a throwaway ideaFor those who like their Big Macs on the move, comes the aptly named BagTray from McDonald’s in Hungary. With a sturdier, perforated bottom, this takeout paper bag doubles up as a serving tray, with plenty of space for your meal, sauces, Diet Coke and all. Read more on The Daily Poke: Not such a […]