Long awaited changes at the top of McCann. Congrats are due to Nick Brien for being at the front of the jostling queue to take over from the immutable John Dooner, who has finally announced his retirement after 40 years in the business.
Posts Tagged: normal world
Follow The Wall on Twitter
Brand Republic Jobs
2012 Presidential Race agency landscape Amazon Apple Apple iPad Apple iPhone Barack Obama BBC Blogging Blogging Coca Cola digital Facebook foursquare Google Google Plus infographic instagram key insights LinkedIn London 2012 Microsoft Mobile MySpace notable work online advertising Paywall Pinterest planning politics search SEO Social Media Social Networking social networks stats The Guardian The Huffington Post The New York Times The Times Tumblr Twitter viral and buzz marketing Yahoo YouTube
- My generation of leadership has fundamentally failed, says O2 CEOBig corporates have dodged their social responsibility over the last decade, and customers are beginning to notice, according to O2 boss Ronan Dunne.
- Advertising and diversity: old problems, new hopeHugo Bennett provides an insight into a session on diversity from last week's Advertising Week Europe in London.
- Unilever and Cannes Lions partner on global marketing tech start-up searchUnilever and Cannes Lions Innovation are joining forces to find the top 50 start-ups for marketing technology in the world.
- Martin Sorrell: Advocacy is part of advertisingAdvocacy is not threatening to usurp advertising because they are both part of the same process, according to WPP's chief executive, Sir Martin Sorrell.
- Chips come in for St Luke's with Mecca and Grosvenor winsThe Rank Group has appointed St Luke's to handle its ÂŁ4 million Mecca Bingo ad account and the ÂŁ2 million account for Grosvenor Casinos following two separate pitches.
- The Daily Poke: Sticky picciesThis newly released camera seems to defy the laws of physics. You can stick it on the ceiling. To gritty brick walls. Or sweaty club walls, for that matter. Podoâ€™s little gizmo stays put and beams your image back to your smartphone. So you can compose the shot without all the wobbling of a selfie […]
- Things are looking up for PeriscopeSXSW saw the launch of a new live video streaming app â€“ Meerkat â€“ which quickly became the talk of the media world. With 120,000 registered users within the first three weeks of existence and a growth rate of 30% per day, Meerkat looked as if it was going places, and still might be thanks […]
- Brands are bringing social in houseTired of paying spiralling fees for their own little patch of the social world, savvier companies are now toying with a DIY approach to social media, which means that they will not only own the media itself but also create the content. Read more on Brands are bringing social in houseâ€¦
- Making digital out-of-home a rewarding experienceAccording to research conducted by Posterscope, ad spend on digital out-of-home (DOOH) is set to account for over a third of the UKâ€™s total out-of-home spending for the first time in history. Read more on Making digital out-of-home a rewarding experienceâ€¦
- The telephone concertHereâ€™s an idea: the worldâ€™s first ever live concert, broadcast solely over via telephone. Ring a number at a specified time to tune in, kick back, and let the tinny sounds wash over your right ear. Read more on The telephone concertâ€¦
- Content marketingâ€™s new creative toolkitJust as the internet has evolved over the past twenty years or more and gone through generations of capability, so too has the toolkit available to creatives and brands to build the content that consumers demand. Read more on Content marketingâ€™s new creative toolkitâ€¦