Native Advertising on social websites has caused rapid change in the PR and advertising industry. The emphasis now lies on content and agencies of all descriptions are being forced to become involved in content creation. As a result, traditional dividing lines are dissolving and agencies need to adapt to this in order to prevent being left behind. Read more on Content creation challenging old agency models…
Posts By: Paul Turner
Follow The Wall on Twitter
Brand Republic Jobs
2012 Presidential Race agency landscape Amazon Apple Apple iPad Apple iPhone Barack Obama BBC Blogging Blogging Coca Cola digital Facebook foursquare Google Google Plus infographic instagram key insights LinkedIn London 2012 Microsoft Mobile MySpace notable work online advertising Paywall Pinterest planning politics search SEO Social Media Social Networking social networks stats The Guardian The Huffington Post The New York Times The Times Tumblr Twitter viral and buzz marketing Yahoo YouTube
- Protein World 'beach body ready' ad not offensiveProtein World's controversial "beach body ready" poster is not offensive, according to the Advertising Standards Authority.
- Barclaycard bPay campaign tries to make sense of wearablesAfter successfully getting the public to understand contactless cards, Barclaycard is now trying to make a convincing case for paying by wearables.
- Breakfast Briefing: Apple Music 'confusing' and 'complicated', Ocado mulls Waitrose dealIntroducing Marketing's morning briefing, a daily shot of news and a recap of the best longer reads and videos. Today we look at the reception of Apple Music, Apple's new streaming service, and the future of the Ocado-Waitrose tie-up.
- Agency or algorithm: will all brands go in-house with programmatic?After a couple of days to reflect, re-hydrate and generally recombobulate, Marketing looks at a recurring theme from the ad tech stream of Cannes Lions, whether marketers will shun agencies for technology.
- Stella Artois to serve exclusive Wimbledon videos to fans on TwitterTwitter and Stella Artois enter Wimbledon as doubles in a real-time push using Twitter's Amplify product to serve exclusive content to tennis fans during the tournament.
- The changing dynamic of Cannes LionsTechnology platforms that support digital advertising always have been an intrinsic part of delivering marketing communications and creative innovation. However, it’s only now that these technology vendors have really burgeoned into a prominent part of the festival in their own right, hence the addition of the two-day event, Cannes Lions Innovation – focused on data, […]
- Battle of the social supermarkets: Aldi tops Digital Contact Talkability TrackerToday (1 July) big data product company Digital Contact published its latest Digital Contact Talkability Tracker, looking at the most talked about UK supermarkets online via millions of pieces of online data. Read more on Battle of the social supermarkets: Aldi tops Digital Contact Talkability Tracker…
- OpenRTB 2.3 unlocks the creativity of programmatic nativeThe arrival of the OpenRTB 2.3 standard ushers in a major change in the digital advertising space, opening up programmatic trading for native ads for the very first time. It also heralds a new dawn where programmatic is taken seriously as a creative advertising force. Read more on OpenRTB 2.3 unlocks the creativity of programmatic […]
- Why digital display ad fraud is a big opportunity for independent agenciesOver the years, the challenges for independent digital specialist agencies have been widely varied, from losing revenue such as the Google kicker, to being undercut by big network agencies on fees in order to keep everything under one roof. Read more on Why digital display ad fraud is a big opportunity for independent agencies…
- The Daily Poke: Sci-fi sneakersThe idea of trainers changing colour at the touch of a button sounds like an idea straight from your favourite sci-fi movie. But +rehabstudio, a creative technology company based in Shoreditch, believe that this kind of ‘sneaker hack’ is the not-so-distant future of smart tech materials. Read more on The Daily Poke: Sci-fi sneakers…
- Meeting the ‘new consumer’: Brands that Cannes, willFor the 62nd year, the advertising community descended on the French Riviera for seven days of creativity and innovation at Cannes Lions last week. In recent years, the ‘mobile consumer’ has been a hot topic, but in 2015, the industry noted a fresh concept – the ‘new consumer.’ Read more on Meeting the ‘new consumer’: […]