The humble text message, alien to generations before mine but something that has forever changed our primary means of communicating with people in our mobile phone contacts, reaches 20 years old today. Most of the column inches dedicated to its anniversary will touch on the decline of SMS and the uprising of smarter, richer platforms like BBM, WhatsApp, iMessage & Facebook Messenger – but had text messaging not fundamentally changed our mobile behaviour, none of these new technologies would have ever existed. Read more on SMS at 20: How the role of SMS has changed in two decades…
Posts By: James Chandler
Follow The Wall on Twitter
The Wall’s most read
- What is personalisation?
- Avoid 'infobesity' and go on a data diet
- OOH inspiration from the Lumiere London Festival
- How Lego made the most of moments in 2015 and what marketers can learn
- 5 strategies to boost your app’s reach
- Infographic: Search vs social advertising spend
- A quarter of Brits plan to ‘digital detox’ in 2016
Brand Republic Jobs
- Marketing Manager - Higher Education, London & Partners, London Bridge
- Digital Sales Exec/Manager - top video network, MediaMigo Recruitment Limited., London (West), London (Greater)
- AV/TV Buying Exec - Top Media Agency , MediaMigo Recruitment Limited., London (Central), London (Greater)
- Email Marketing Manager, Stopgap, Hertfordshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR, Live Recruitment, Middlesex
2012 Presidential Race agency landscape Amazon Apple Apple iPad Barack Obama BBC Blogging Blogging Facebook foursquare Google Google Plus infographic instagram Internet of Things key insights LinkedIn Makers Me Microsoft Mobile notable work online advertising Optimism Paywall personalisation Pinterest planning politics Premiumisation retail search SEO Social Media Social Networking social networks stats The Guardian The New York Times The Times Twitter US Yahoo YouTube
- Adidas champions female athletes in 'I'm here to create' campaign
- Will social network Peach be fruitless or an enticing marketing opportunity?
- Channel 4's Rio 2016 Paralympics coverage to be sponsored by Allianz
- Ikea shows French boy fooling divorced parents in 'cooking is caring' film
- Two views on the Uber rebrand: making tech human or self-delusional spin?
- Protein World plays the controversy card, but can it ride out all the Twitterstorms?
- Toyota turns up the metal for Prius Super Bowl ad