Follow The Wall on Twitter
Brand Republic Jobs
2012 Presidential Race agency landscape Amazon Apple Apple iPad Apple iPhone Barack Obama BBC Blogging Blogging Coca Cola digital Facebook foursquare Google Google Plus infographic instagram key insights LinkedIn London 2012 Microsoft Mobile MySpace notable work online advertising Paywall Pinterest planning politics search SEO Social Media Social Networking social networks stats The Guardian The Huffington Post The New York Times The Times Tumblr Twitter viral and buzz marketing Yahoo YouTube
- Just a week to go until Media 360 hits the beachThe countdown has now began to the annual gathering of the most influential brand, agency and media leaders in the UK, back to celebrate in MediaWeek's 30th birthday year.
- How Apple and Nike outshine brands like Tesco with a defined propositionIn product-driven markets so much investment is ploughed into promotion that, often, the brand itself gets overlooked. Businesses need to invest in ensuring they have a consistent brand identify or risk becoming irrelevant, argues Jim Prior, CEO at The Partners and Lambie-Nairn.
- Neptune ascends White Cliffs of Dover for National Trust campaignRoman god Neptune erupts from the breaking waves that pummel The White Cliffs of Dover, towering hundreds of feet, holding his trident aloft, thanking the public for supporting the National Trust's save-the-coast campaign, and then popping back under the breaking waves.
- Guinness recreates 'fish on a bicycle' ad as real-life 3D animatronic fishGuinness has brought some of its most famous ad campaigns to life, constructing a 3D animatronic fish and a life-sized ostrich at the Guinness Storehouse.
- Vintage Unilever and John Lewis ads in 1920s newspaper promotion of Poirot mysteryA newspaper warning of the 'Monogram Murders' is being handed out to Londoners, with the publication resembling a 1920s paper and even including ads from the era from the likes of Unilever, John Lewis and Fortnum & Mason. The murders, of course, are fictitious but are being used to promote and are the subject of […]
- Realising the omni-experience vision – part twoContinuing the conversation around the importance of delivering a consistent customer experience across every channel, Janrain’s Russell Loarridge and David Giannetto, author of Big Social Mobile, delve deeper into the omni-channel experience and Read more on Realising the omni-experience vision – part two…
- Should you enter the world of emojis?(Flickr/Theus Falcão) It’s weird that you don’t use emojis. It was this message, sent by a friend on Whatsapp, which fundamentally changed the way I communicate online. In a relatively short space of time, I went from emoji novice to addict. I now catch myself pausing over work emails, wondering how a deft emoji placement could add some warmth […]
- Fox News and Nike among most emotional brands of April(Fox News/Twitter) Marketers and brand managers strive to create emotional connections with consumers. Fostering emotional links can be easier thanks to social, but interpreting the data to monitor, measure and respond to emotional shifts can be harder. Read more on Fox News and Nike among most emotional brands of April…
- The Daily Poke: Spot the deliberate mistakeMomentary lapses of reason. For a while now, Snickers has been telling us that these are best avoided by munching on a peanut-packed chocolate bar. ‘You’re not you when you’re hungry’ goes the claim, and with its latest ads, the confectionery brand shows how hunger breeds mistakes. Read more on The Daily Poke: Spot the […]
- Mobile operators gain the upper hand in mobile advertising(Thinkstock) Ever since the introduction of data services and the rise of applications like WhatsApp and Skype, mobile operators around the world have found themselves on the back foot. Traditional revenues from voice and text messaging have been reduced significantly by the impact of, often free, internet-based alternatives. Read more on Mobile operators gain the […]
- Realising the omni-experience vision – part oneBrands know the importance of delivering a consistent customer experience across every channel. Few, however, have yet to determine just how to realise that strategy. Critically, companies are failing to join the on- and offline worlds. While many are attempting to create a consistent online experience, when the consumer interacts with the brand in a […]