Follow The Wall on Twitter
Brand Republic Jobs
- Digital Capability Director: Global Consultancy, Brand Learning, Kingston Upon Thames (City/Town), London (Greater)
- EE, SEO Manager (London), EE, London
- Campaign Manager, Dot-Gap, London (Central)
- Key Account Manager, Dot-Gap, London (Central)
- Sky, Marketing Executive - Acquisition, Sky, South West London
2012 Presidential Race agency landscape Amazon Apple Apple iPad Barack Obama BBC Blogging Blogging Coca Cola digital Facebook foursquare Google Google Plus infographic instagram IoT key insights LinkedIn Makers Me Microsoft Mobile notable work online advertising Optimism Paywall Pinterest planning politics retail search SEO Social Media Social Networking social networks stats The Guardian The New York Times The Times Twitter US Yahoo YouTube
- The five rules of successful client-agency relationshipsCollaboration is the key to a successful client and agency dynamic, writes Mette Davis, director of digital and regional Innovation at the MAA.
- Aldi caught out on John Lewis Christmas ad spoofAldi has made headlines after a clever spoof of John Lewis' 'Man on the Moon' Christmas ad, but the retailer's been cheeky on one key detail - the telescope.
- Aldi's spoof of John Lewis is enough of a world away to use the new parody lawA new Parody law that was introduced last year means the Aldi play on John Lewis' Christmas ad is "fair dealing" according to Oliver Smith, IP consultant solicitor at Keystone Law.
- Hive preps major marketing push into the Internet of ThingsBritish Gas' connected homes arm, Hive, is prepping a major marketing push as the brand expands beyond connected thermostats to smart plugs, connected lighting, smart cameras, smart locks and even connected boilers next year.
- O2 wins Marketing Society Brand of the Year AwardO2 voted as The Marketing Society's Brand of the Year 2015 in association with Marketing and Advertising Week Europe, writes Elen Lewis, editor of The Marketing Society.
- Case studies: 5 online tricks high street brands have used to reel in buyersEngageSciences CEO, Richard Jones, reveals five ways his company has helped clients involve consumers, and what the results have been–Ed. Whether it’s leveraging persuasive user-generated content, an interactive tailored quiz, or lucrative media partnership, retail brands today need to be relevant, ready and well-equipped. Here’s how they do it: Read more on Case studies: 5 online tricks high […]
- The UK needs to up its emoji gameYes, the OED may have caused some mild consternation last week by announcing that an emoji was its word of the year, but when it comes to other British brands picking up the emoji baton, the UK has been slow to react. Read more on The UK needs to up its emoji game…
- Do users ‘like’ the new Twitter update? The results are inNumbers don’t lie – Twitter’s user growth has slowed quite steadily over the past four years. As such, the social network is seeking new ways to engage users, as other platforms like Instagram and Snapchat continue to grow at a fast pace. On 3 November, Twitter changed the way we interact with content, installing a […]
- How much is a Christmas advert worth? Or, how to measure the impact of a Christmas marketing campaignMoggies, moon man, muppets and Jeff Goldblum: Christmas marketing campaigns are often highly expensive and creative endeavours. Conventional wisdom is that this is money well spent. Research conducted last year by Shoppercentric suggested that 65% of shoppers consider Christmas ads effective. However, there’s a big gap between understanding that a Christmas ad or marketing campaign […]
- The Daily Poke: Stop, play, pauseWe’re a nation of gym bunnies. We pump iron, guzzle protein shakes, and NEVER skip leg day. So why don’t we take as much care when it comes to our mental health? Read more on The Daily Poke: Stop, play, pause…
- The Black Friday shopper vs the Boxing Day and New Year’s Day sales shopperThe advent of Black Friday and Cyber Monday has fundamentally changed both the retail calendar and consumer demand in the run up to Christmas. A few years ago, the festive calendar followed a familiar pattern, with the Christmas peak being the time of the year retailers would make their greatest profits, driven by stronger consumer […]