Follow The Wall on Twitter
Brand Republic Jobs
2012 Presidential Race agency landscape Amazon Apple Apple iPad Apple iPhone Barack Obama BBC Blogging Blogging Coca Cola digital Facebook foursquare Google Google Plus infographic instagram key insights LinkedIn London 2012 Microsoft Mobile MySpace notable work online advertising Paywall Pinterest planning politics search SEO Social Media Social Networking social networks stats The Guardian The Huffington Post The New York Times The Times Tumblr Twitter viral and buzz marketing Yahoo YouTube
- Breakfast Briefing: FA deletes 'sexist' tweet, M&S clothing sales fall, HSBC staff firedIntroducing Marketing's morning briefing, a daily shot of news and a recap of the best longer reads and videos. Today we look at the news about the FA's patronising Lionesses tweet, M&S' latest results and HSBC firing six staff for making an IS-style video.
- Brands must get to grips with online shopping as a 'matter of urgency'Online grocery shopping is booming, up by 20% in the UK during 2014, and representing a huge growth opportunity for brands.
- Why marketers should care about creative awardsAs a peer-led affirmation of what 'good' looks like, awards can attract the top talent to the winning agencies and, in turn, benefit the brands with which those agencies work, writes Nick Stringer, chief creative officer at News UK
- Smart ad shows rude kids saying 'f**k' as warning to parents with other cars (NSFW)If you like to see American preschool kids uttering phrases such as "What the fuck" and "For fuck's sake", then you're going to love this latest ad for car brand Smart, in which little ones utter sexual and scatological swear words.
- Target hard-to-reach audiences with Socialite
- Putting a topspin on your marketing strategy: How brands are using war rooms to maximise brand impactDespite being the early days of the tournament, the BBC’s Wimbledon coverage has already drawn a peak audience of more than four million. This combined with the numbers of people streaming live, watching on big public screens across the country and checking online for highlights, presents a potentially huge captive audience that brands can’t afford to […]
- Go behind the scenes of Ikea HQ in VR tourThe Swedish furniture retailer is giving its Family loyalty scheme members the chance to see inside its headquarters from the comfort of their own homes in a new virtual reality tour experience. Read more on Go behind the scenes of Ikea HQ in VR tour…
- Wake up and smell the contentNo matter how much consumers make it known that they are sick and tired of being marketed and sold to in the traditional way, particularly online, brands still don’t seem to be getting the message. The past seven days have thrown up yet more evidence that it’s time to switch to more authentic and insightful ways […]
- We live in a data-driven era, but don’t forget about your DNADigital commerce is changing. You only have to look at websites a few years ago and compare them to how they look now to see how fast things change. Just half a decade ago websites were visually brand heavy and colourful. Read more on We live in a data-driven era, but don’t forget about your […]
- The Daily Poke: Can I kick it? Yes, you canWith the launch of its new summer campaign, Sprite is literally spreading the word. As a tribute to hip-hop’s greatest artists, the brand is releasing a series of limited edition cans featuring lyrics from the legends of the genre. (Nice spot Rosy T) Read more on The Daily Poke: Can I kick it? Yes, you […]
- Infographic: Why small companies are turning to marketing automationThis infographic from Software Advice coincides with the company’s latest edition of its annual Marketing Automation Trend Report. The 2015 figures revealed that that 98% of prospective small business buyers were looking to adopt marketing automation software for the first time, of which 37% came from the notoriously “slow to adopt” real estate industry. Read […]