Follow The Wall on Twitter
Brand Republic Jobs
2012 Presidential Race agency landscape Amazon Apple Apple iPad Apple iPhone Barack Obama BBC Blogging Blogging Coca Cola digital Facebook foursquare Google Google Plus infographic instagram key insights LinkedIn London 2012 Microsoft Mobile MySpace notable work online advertising Paywall Pinterest planning politics search SEO Social Media Social Networking social networks stats The Guardian The Huffington Post The New York Times The Times Tumblr Twitter viral and buzz marketing Yahoo YouTube
- FA boss Martin Glenn on that 'sexist' tweet and why brands should back women's footballMartin Glenn, the chief executive of the FA, has admitted that the tweet sent out by his organisation yesterday, referring to the England women's World Cup squad as going "back to being mothers, partners and daughters" was a "mistake".
- Lynx creates can coated with the blackest material on the planetLynx has produced a one-off edition of its Lynx Black spray coated with Vantablack, a material so dark its manufacturer claims looking at it is like looking into a black hole.
- M&S slammed on 'floundering' clothing sales and staff payMarks and Spencer faced the music at its annual general meeting today, with shareholders especially critical of the retailer's clothing performance.
- Is the M&S road to recovery faltering already?As M&S reveals a dip in like-for-like sales of clothing and general merchandise over spring, brand consultant and retail watcher Kate Jones asks whether this was just a glitch on the company's road to recovery after a "challenging" start to summer.
- Breakfast Briefing: FA deletes 'sexist' tweet, M&S clothing sales fall, HSBC staff firedIntroducing Marketing's morning briefing, a daily shot of news and a recap of the best longer reads and videos. Today we look at the news about the FA's patronising Lionesses tweet, M&S' latest results and HSBC firing six staff for making an IS-style video.
- Putting a topspin on your marketing strategy: How brands are using war rooms to maximise brand impactDespite being the early days of the tournament, the BBC’s Wimbledon coverage has already drawn a peak audience of more than four million. This combined with the numbers of people streaming live, watching on big public screens across the country and checking online for highlights, presents a potentially huge captive audience that brands can’t afford to […]
- The Daily Poke: Look but don’t touchGreasy fingerprints messing up your shiny new smartphone could soon become a smudge on the screen of history if Google has its way. The company’s lab for advanced projects recently unveiled technology that lets users interact with devices simply by gesturing nearby. Read more on The Daily Poke: Look but don’t touch…
- Go behind the scenes of Ikea HQ in VR tourThe Swedish furniture retailer is giving its Family loyalty scheme members the chance to see inside its headquarters from the comfort of their own homes in a new virtual reality tour experience. Read more on Go behind the scenes of Ikea HQ in VR tour…
- Wake up and smell the contentNo matter how much consumers make it known that they are sick and tired of being marketed and sold to in the traditional way, particularly online, brands still don’t seem to be getting the message. The past seven days have thrown up yet more evidence that it’s time to switch to more authentic and insightful ways […]
- We live in a data-driven era, but don’t forget about your DNADigital commerce is changing. You only have to look at websites a few years ago and compare them to how they look now to see how fast things change. Just half a decade ago websites were visually brand heavy and colourful. Read more on We live in a data-driven era, but don’t forget about your […]
- The Daily Poke: Can I kick it? Yes, you canWith the launch of its new summer campaign, Sprite is literally spreading the word. As a tribute to hip-hop’s greatest artists, the brand is releasing a series of limited edition cans featuring lyrics from the legends of the genre. (Nice spot Rosy T) Read more on The Daily Poke: Can I kick it? Yes, you […]