Follow The Wall on Twitter
Brand Republic Jobs
2012 Presidential Race agency landscape Amazon Apple Apple iPad Barack Obama BBC Blogging Blogging Coca Cola digital Facebook foursquare Google Google Plus infographic instagram IoT key insights LinkedIn Makers Me Microsoft Mobile notable work online advertising Optimism Paywall Pinterest planning politics retail search SEO Social Media Social Networking social networks stats The Guardian The New York Times The Times Twitter US Yahoo YouTube
- What brands should learn from former Instagram model Essena O'Neill's public 'breakdown'With last month's high profile dismissal of social media from former Insagram model Essena O'Neill, Lauren Mitchell, editorial and community manager at TH_NK, believes it's time brands thought about their tactics.
- Why the blame for the ad blocking crisis lies squarely with the adtech industryThe industry needs to face up to the fact that people are profoundly unhappy with most digital advertising and figure out a new online ad consensus, says Saatchi & Saatchi's chief strategy officer Richard Huntington.
- Pringles launches range of crisp scented candlesYes, you heard that right, crisp brand Pringles has launched a limited run of scented candles for the festive season.
- Interconnected: Joining up the dotsAs consumers, brands, technology and media become increasingly interconnected, agencies, and their clients need to adapt their strategies to stay ahead of the game. Are they rising to the challenges of this linked-up world? Marketing brought together experts for a breakfast discussion, which was captured in illustrations in real-time. This is how the conversation went...
- Breakfast Briefing: Kids' toys hacked, UberPool arrives in London, Samsung replaces mobile bossWelcome to Marketing's morning briefing, a daily shot of news and a recap of the best longer reads and videos. In today's news, Hello Barbie and other connected kids' toys turn out to be hackable, Uber launches car-sharing service UberPool in London and Samsung has another management switch-up.
- Portrait of a great employee advocacy champion‘Very, very few people or organisations know why they do what they do. And by “why” […] I mean: What’s your purpose? What’s your cause? What’s your belief? Why does your organisation exist? Why do you get out of bed in the morning? And why should anyone care?’. This is Simon Sinek during one of […]
- Why advertisers shouldn’t rely on Facebook this sale seasonThere’s a billion pound buzz about Cyber Monday in the UK today, and with an estimated £720 million spent on the bargain shopping day last year alone, it comes as no surprise. Read more on Why advertisers shouldn’t rely on Facebook this sale season…
- Exploring omnichannel: What is omnichannel?Every Monday for the next five weeks, Bruce Griffin, founder and CEO of digital agency Rockpool Digital, will be providing a look at omnichannel: What is it? Why do it? Why is it hard (otherwise known as, why isn’t everyone doing it)? Where to start? And finally, who’s doing it well. To begin, what is omnichannel? Read more on Exploring […]
- What digital evolution will look like in 2016We only saw the start of programmatic video, contextual commerce and data pooling in 2015, but the evolution of the digital media landscape in 2016 will see these transform from concepts into tangible tactics. Here’s how we at AdRoll are predicting these developments will make for an even faster paced online ad space in 2016. […]
- Programmatic predictions for the year aheadA stellar year for programmatic advertising is drawing to a close and – with almost half the UK’s digital display ad spend to its name – programmatic has moved on from being a line item on the media plan to become the media plan itself. As adoption continues to escalate, what does 2016 have in […]
- The Daily Poke: Fever all through the nightIf you’re a parent, you probably live in a constant state of exhausted worry. As you get up for the 40th time in one night, just to make sure your child’s limbs haven’t inexplicably dropped off, you ask yourself: is he eating enough? How can I make sure he’s always happy and healthy? What if he […]