Follow The Wall on Twitter
Brand Republic Jobs
- Digital Capability Director: Global Consultancy, Brand Learning, Kingston Upon Thames (City/Town), London (Greater)
- Campaign Manager, Dot-Gap, London (Central)
- Key Account Manager, Dot-Gap, London (Central)
- Sky, Marketing Executive - Acquisition, Sky, South West London
- EE, Senior User Experience Designer, EE, London
2012 Presidential Race agency landscape Amazon Apple Apple iPad Barack Obama BBC Blogging Blogging Coca Cola digital Facebook foursquare Google Google Plus infographic instagram IoT key insights LinkedIn Makers Me Microsoft Mobile notable work online advertising Optimism Paywall Pinterest planning politics retail search SEO Social Media Social Networking social networks stats The Guardian The New York Times The Times Twitter US Yahoo YouTube
- Aldi caught out on John Lewis Christmas ad spoofAldi has made headlines after a clever spoof of John Lewis' 'Man on the Moon' Christmas ad, but the retailer's been cheeky on one key detail - the telescope.
- Aldi's spoof of John Lewis is enough of a world away to use the new parody lawA new Parody law that was introduced last year means the Aldi play on John Lewis' Christmas ad is "fair dealing" according to Oliver Smith, IP consultant solicitor at Keystone Law.
- Hive preps major marketing push into the Internet of ThingsBritish Gas' connected homes arm, Hive, is prepping a major marketing push as the brand expands beyond connected thermostats to smart plugs, connected lighting, smart cameras, smart locks and even connected boilers next year.
- O2 wins Marketing Society Brand of the Year AwardO2 voted as The Marketing Society's Brand of the Year 2015 in association with Marketing and Advertising Week Europe, writes Elen Lewis, editor of The Marketing Society.
- Marketing scoops Business Content Team of the Year at PPA Digital AwardsMarketing took top honours at the PPA Digital Awards last night, scooping Content Team of the Year.
- The Black Friday shopper vs the Boxing Day and New Year’s Day sales shopperThe advent of Black Friday and Cyber Monday has fundamentally changed both the retail calendar and consumer demand in the run up to Christmas. A few years ago, the festive calendar followed a familiar pattern, with the Christmas peak being the time of the year retailers would make their greatest profits, driven by stronger consumer […]
- 5 social trends you need to know for 2016Hot Cherry’s Harry Cymbler offers his guide to the year ahead. Pay attention, his predictions for this year were pretty sound. 1. The Uberisation of service industries What it is: Platforms that create two-way rating relationship between businesses and consumers which allow brands including Uber to rate you as a customer, and vice versa. Read […]
- The Daily Poke: Good old fashioned sodaYou might think that soft drinks brands always jostle to own the newest, trendiest flavours. (Matcha is big for 2016, apparently. Want to try? No?) But, for their next offering, PepsiCo is taking inspiration from the 19th Century. Read more on The Daily Poke: Good old fashioned soda…
- Hey publishers, let’s stop the metric inflation bullshitA few weeks ago Buzzfeed CEO Jonah Peretti published an internal memo to staff giving an update on the direction of one of the most important media businesses of our time, or in his own words, a “cross-platform global network”. Read more on Hey publishers, let’s stop the metric inflation bullshit…
- Talk like the Egyptians? The rise of the emojiSo “Face, with Tears of Joy” is the first image to be anointed Word of The Year. Is the rise of the emojis now complete, or does this represent another step towards a world where all of our communications are wholly or mostly, image based? Read more on Talk like the Egyptians? The rise of […]
- The Daily Poke: Act naturalIf you buy stuff from The North Face, you probably prefer lush woodland and craggy coasts to crowded clothes shops. Which is why the new flagship store on London’s Regent Street is so great. The space includes ‘sky windows’, digital skylights that change according to the weather, as well as giant tree trunks reaching all […]