Follow The Wall on Twitter
Brand Republic Jobs
2012 Presidential Race agency landscape Amazon Apple Apple iPad Apple iPhone Barack Obama BBC Blogging Blogging Coca Cola digital Facebook foursquare Google Google Plus infographic instagram key insights LinkedIn London 2012 Microsoft Mobile MySpace notable work online advertising Paywall Pinterest planning politics search SEO Social Media Social Networking social networks stats The Guardian The Huffington Post The New York Times The Times Tumblr Twitter viral and buzz marketing Yahoo YouTube
- Paddy Power drives 'immigrant lorry' around Calais in latest stuntPaddy Power has sent a lorry to Calais emblazoned with the slogan, 'Immigrants, jump in the back! (But only if you're good at sport)'.
- Junk mail opt-out scheme reaches stalemate as talks with publishers stallA scheme that would allow British consumers to opt out of unaddressed mail has been ditched after apparent conflict between the DMA, Royal Mail and the government.
- Disney's Frozen teams up with Change4Life and Kaiser Chiefs for fitness campaignChange4Life and Disney have teamed up in a new campaign that encourages children to exercise every day.
- Millennials will ditch brands that spam themThe millennial generation might be more willing than older consumers to give away personal information online but marketers must beware what they do with it.
- Breakfast Briefing: Robot kills man, Dixons Carphone pushes into US and John Lewis adds click and collect chargeIntroducing Marketing's morning briefing, a daily shot of news and a recap of the best longer reads and videos. Today we look at the news about a robot at a Volkswagen factory that killed a man, Dixon Carphone's plans to open 500 stores in the UK and John Lewis's idea to charge for click and […]
- The 1,072 words that will change how you write headlines foreverCreating a great headline can feel like a science experiment. Whether you’re in advertising, marketing, PR, or journalism, all forms of digital communication revolve around crafting words for a desired effect. If you’re like me, you often makee unsubstantiated guesses about the best combination of words or ideal headline style. Do I write for the curiosity […]
- TVOT 2015: What does the future hold for TV?In late June the great and the good descend on San Francisco. No, I’m not referring to the city’s pride march but the TV of Tomorrow Conference (TVOT), a two-day global gathering for creatives, technologists and executives. I attended this year as both a panellist and observer. Read more on TVOT 2015: What does the […]
- Wimbledon has the ‘noisiest’ fan base on socialA new study by sports and entertainment intelligence company Repucom has found Wimbledon is the top grand slam championship for attracting social media-savvy tennis fans. Compared to the French, US and Australian Opens, the English tennis tournament is the biggest in engaging and maintaining its social media fan base around the world on Facebook, Twitter […]
- The Daily Poke: A side of Gaga pleaseIt’s no secret that our unsustainable love of meat has left us in a bit of a pickle. While many have predicted the rise of the insect-centric meal as a protein fix, scientists have also been exploring the possibility of cultivating meat in vitro as a friendlier, more sustainable method. Read more on The Daily […]
- It’s not just about being better, but about being good: Cannes Lions Innovation Festival day twoThe debate around how much the Festival had changed this year rumbled through the Cannes Lions Innovation Festival. The line of ad tech sponsored yachts became known as AdTech Row, but this reflected very different views as it was a disparaging term for some, but for others it was a term of recognition about the impact technology […]
- The changing dynamic of Cannes LionsTechnology platforms that support digital advertising always have been an intrinsic part of delivering marketing communications and creative innovation. However, it’s only now that these technology vendors have really burgeoned into a prominent part of the festival in their own right, hence the addition of the two-day event, Cannes Lions Innovation – focused on data, […]