Team GB Gold Medals see a surge in Facebook Fans
After a successful day of medals, Team GB moves into second position with Facebook fans, overtaking Japan who move into third and Canada who move into fourth place.
The Medal ‘haul’ helped Team GB achieve a 92% leap in Facebook Fans.
In comparison, most fan pages have seen between 1% and 5% fan growth overnight, with only Germany seeing a double digit growth.
Top 10 Olympic Nation Fan Pages (at 10:30, 02/08/2012)
1. US Olympic Team (2,305,000 fans)
2. Team GB (374,000 fans)
3. Japan (347,315 fans)
4. Canadian Olympic Team (203,515 fans)
5. Australian Olympic Team (98,735 fans)
6. L’Équipe de France (47,854 fans)
7. Swiss Olympic Team (35,927 fans)
8. Comité Olímpico Español (34,358 fans)
9. Qatar Olympic Committee (34,104 fans)
10. Deutsche Olympiamannschaft (25,332 fans)
With more GB Golds hoped for today, what will the growth be like? Will it start to plateau or continue to grow?