How are small businesses using social media? [infographic]
With more and more companies using social networking sites this infographic puts the spotlight on small businesses and how they are using it.
It points to a whopping 78% of small businesses using Twitter and Facebook with LinkedIn also scoring very highly. Facebook though is still king.
A few key takeouts:
- *78% of small businesses are using Twitter, with Facebook just behind on 75% and LinkedIn at 30%. I’m surprised at the much lower number for LinkedIn usage.
- *31% of small business owners have multiple profiles
- *Twitter is the most interactive medium for small businesses on social media
- *BUT Facebook drives the most traffic
- *62% of small businesses post 8+ times per week on social networks and get on average 10.27 comments per day compared to the 14% who post less than once a week who get 0.02 comments per day
- *7% schedule updates, 13% receive daily alerts and 27% use social media for content aggregation