These days Google can’t step out of the front door without upsetting someone and it’s become somewhat de rigueur for agencies to slag them off left, right and centre despite the fact that a lot of us, myself included, generate some profit from the existence of their services.
Daily Archives: Thursday, May 21, 2009
Follow The Wall on Twitter
Brand Republic Jobs
- Strategy Director - International Branding Consultancy, £65-85k depending on experience, Story Recruitment, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Branding, Digital & TTL Communications - retail / media / leisure, Story Recruitment, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Branding, Digital and Integrated Communications up to £65k + Bonus, Story Recruitment, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Project Manager, Major Players, London
- Integrated Project Manager, Purple Consultancy, London
2012 Presidential Race agency landscape Amazon Apple Apple iPad Apple iPhone Barack Obama BBC Blogging Blogging Coca Cola digital Facebook foursquare Google Google Plus infographic instagram key insights LinkedIn London 2012 Microsoft Mobile MySpace notable work online advertising Paywall Pinterest planning politics search SEO Social Media Social Networking social networks stats The Guardian The Huffington Post The New York Times The Times Tumblr Twitter viral and buzz marketing Yahoo YouTube
- Digital surge drives UK advertising's fastest growth for four yearsUK advertising spend grew last year at its highest rate since 2010 and is forecast to exceed £20 billion next year, according to a report released today.
- AOL appoints Alex Macnamara to lead multiagency salesAOL has hired Alex Macnamara, the managing director of Tremor Video, for its newly created role of head of multiagency sales in London.
- BETC London loses Diet CokeDiet Coke has moved its ad account out of BETC London just three months after it unveiled its new creative campaign.
- European Commission issues €3.6m grant for tech that measures content 'likeability'The European Commission has awarded a €3.6m (£2.6m) grant to Imperial College London and Realeyes to develop technology that can read how much people like the content or adverts that they are watching online.
- Havana Club evokes creative energy of Cuba in new TV spotHavana Club is rolling out a new marketing campaign that aims to harness the authenticity and creative energy of Cuban Culture.
- The Daily Poke: Dash itWhen you run out of shampoo, washing powder or coffee, the chances are you won’t always have your shopping list handy. It might get wet, for one thing. But we now live in the digital age, and Amazon is continuing to reinvent the way we shop. Read more on The Daily Poke: Dash it…
- Word of mouth marketing in the digital ageWord of mouth is marketing nirvana for brands. We’re far more likely to buy something if it comes with a friend’s endorsement. According to Nielson, 92% of consumers around the world say they trust recommendations above all other forms of advertising and a recent landmark study by the Word of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) revealed […]
- Social media: how to turn a negative review into positive feedbackConsumers made a record 66 million complaints about sub-standard goods and services last year. And with social media rapidly becoming an open forum between customers and businesses,more people than ever are turning to social media to vent their frustrations with companies and products that fail to meet expectations. Read more on Social media: how to […]
- The Daily Poke: Let the love flowRumours that McDonald’s has lost that lovin’ feeling, have been greatly exaggerated. Since New Year, the world’s favourite burger chain has re-invested continuously in its long running campaign ‘I’m Lovin’ It’. (Tasty spot Damo). Read more on The Daily Poke: Let the love flow…
- Increasing consumer understanding through data – what it really meansIn digital marketing, when we talk about the big data helping us to understand consumers better, what we really mean is that if we make sense of it, we can understand consumers better. Read more on Increasing consumer understanding through data – what it really means…
- Infographic: Twitter Advertising’s 5th birthdayTwitter is now ubiquitous in the social networking world and many of us spend a good portion of our day on it. We even use it simultaneously while we watch TV. Read more on Infographic: Twitter Advertising’s 5th birthday…